In the movie The Matrix they have a thing called the Contruct which they use for training and loading things they will need when jacking into the Matrix. When going to rescue Morpheus, Neo asks for, “Guns. Lots of guns.” If you had a program that would let you load in anything why would you go for just guns? Here’s a list of things that they could have loaded but didn’t.
- A tank that fires napalm filled claymore mines covered in spikes.
- Exploding bowling balls filled with piranhas.
- A chain gun that fires tiny Fran Dreschers.
- A fully automatic rocket launcher that fires flaming chainsaws that explode.
- An automatic crossbow that shoots bolts with exploding tips filled with AIDS and Bird Flu.
- “Mini ninjas. Lots of mini ninjas.”
- A shotgun that fires a cloud of acid filled darts.
- A catapult that launches Ebola filled livers.
- A BFG9000.
- A cannon that fires red hot chunks of chain.
As you can see the list could go on and on. I was hoping something like this would have been used in the sequels but as we all know those ended up being giant piles of flaming dog crap. How could you make a movie as awesome as The Matrix then follow it up with those bombs?